Jun 23, 2010

My first white hair


Chapak .. chapak … I was washing my face in the washbasin.

Swiping my face with my hands from eyes to chin, I looked into the mirror. My hair are always disheveled, I thought. I used my hands to settle them down, these should go to the left and these should be on the right portion of my head. Why do we have so much hair on our head as compared to other living beings I thought, maybe these are there to hide what is going in the mind. As other species have little mind and small thoughts so they don’t need hair. But why do the girls have more hair than boys? Maybe they have few highly confidential things in their mind and those long hair are for the security purposes. I smiled with thought in mind.  

These silly hair can’t settle, I m doing this to you from almost last 25 years don’t you guys know whether you belong to the right or to the left; I said to few of them. 25 years, yes I will be 25 this 27th june I remembered. But what’s new in this. On the next moment a hair got my notice. First I confused it with some other shiny thing but when I tried to pick it up I figured out it to be a hair. Ohhh. So this is new on this 27th june. A smile came to mind, not on the face, it was in the mind that I have stepped into the world of matures. Now I need to be more sophisticated, no one would allow me to do mistakes; I only will be responsible for what I do. More age, more experience of the world, more liabilities to bear and lot more. It is always very difficult to being right always. 
 
Only dogs will accompany us in the restaurant”, one of my friends shouted. He snapped the swarm of thoughts coming to my mind and reminded me that I was washing my face as I have to go to a restaurant to have dinner tonight.  

We will also find some drunkards, don’t worry”, I replied in a high pitch.

I counted them with dogs”, my friend replied and with a laugh I came out of the washroom.  

All three of us hurried to the restaurant. While the way I thought that now I must start practicing sophistication. But I am dressed up like a boy, not like a gentleman I thought. No, it’s not about your dress, it’s all about reacting, I contradicted.  

We reached the restaurant.

By the way what’s your age Akhilesh”, I asked one of my friend.

27, but why?”, he replied.

No, I just asked like that. Nothing serious” I replied.

And how about your age Ashish “, I asked.

 “It’s 28, going to be 29 soon, but what’s the matter with you”, he asked.

No, I m just wondering you guys are over 25 and still you do all the things a young man do, don’t you guys think that you need to show some maturity in day to day life, how can you still be raucous while laughing and how you can still play the computer games, how you can still put your right hand over your heart when you see a sizzling girl passing by and how you can still smoke on the road. Don’t you find such things immature which should be left when you steps in this phase of life. I mean we know all these things don’t worth, staring at a girl, passing on the fake smile, and then on the next moment putting your hand on your friend’s shoulder and saying pathetically that I will be a better man if I will get her in my life. I mean we are doing this from last 10 years and that time was a fun for sure. But now? ”

Both of them looked down at their plates and start eating.

So what shall we do, should we start calling every girl BETI?” Akhliesh said.

All of us shared the laugh.

We can utter some dialogues to show superiority like “beta yeh kaam toh hum bachpan mein kar k chod chuke hai”, Akhilesh said.

Pointing to the few white hair Ashish said “beta yeh baal dhoop mein safed nahi huye hai

With age you gets respect, doesn’t matter you deserve it or not. It is also a phase to live and its immutable.

I was almost convinced. And I said it with a smile of satisfaction ”After all having a large number in your account is advantage, may it be the no. of rupees in your bank account or may it be the age.”

Later in the night, lying in the bed, I counted if there are any fronts where I need to be mature from now. And I counted them to none. I have always been mature enough. I was always aware of being socially and individually right. I never took anything for granted not even the fun. I always knew its worth. Although fun doesn’t worth the life but life is worthless without fun. We have fun to be ecstatic for a moment. We laugh on idiotic things to have some light moments in the life forgetting the burdensome tasks we do daily. Fun doesn’t has to do anything with age.

But I need to change something this b’day. Not every b’day is your 25th bday”, I thought. Let’s call it special and take a resolution. But what?

What would I change from my 25th b’day?

After a long series of idea->yes? No. Idea->yes? No; I concluded -
I would surely stop ignoring the hair dye and hair color advertisements on tv.

This answer was enough to bring a smile in my mind and on my face too.

6 comments:

  1. haha:) gud one....ya sure u should not ignore anything in life why only hair dye advertisements...:) dont ignore and dont take anything for granted.well written..and yes if u need any advice on hair dye ask me;;haha...bocoz..BOY U WORTH IT:)i enjoyed reading...keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading this post definitely brought a smile in my mind as well as on my face...well written..and by the way gray hair has nothing to do with age nw a days..i know many teenagers with grey hair..u shud start using herbal products :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm...nice humorous blog... if i imagine my self as one of ur frnd in story then i will be akhilesh with more dark humor. blog was fine...but i dnt like 1-2 things...u started well,it may turn ought to be a social-message giving blog in humorous way but in the end it was short. some philosophy was missing too...earlier in some of ur high quality old blogs, you used humor as salt in vegetable but this time it was vegetable of salt...in the label of humour it was fine..in fact good...but..i am not satisfied anyway it may due to my serious mood now a days...but whatever....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ruchi: thanks for leaving the comment x: .. 2 comments are still pending .. and ya .. i have decided on the hair color .. i wud use lo'real(i don't know the correct spelling) .. thanks frnd ..


    @isha : i would like to have a grey shade on my head ... with the time of course ... really i admire George cloony's hair :)


    @yadav : i know .. i m not good at finishing the story .. ppl don't like to read long stories ... but yeh i also thought that something is missing ... i tried to give the message you c .. might be ppl won't remember it .. but there are traces of it .. otherwise it would have been tagged under philosophical posts ... thank you for giving me this sincere feedback ... "when i will b older i will be stronger .. waka waka :D "



    @all the above close to my heart frinds .. thanks for reading .. i need you guys .. be there for me .. always ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. only one grey hair and u decided the hair colour!! going fast haan..? slow down the pace dude...:)no seriously...dnt use hair colour its so early fr that and just one grey hair is nothing.so avoid hair colour as long as u can.and yes i also like george cloony and his hair...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun doesn’t worth the life but life is worthless without fun........

    this line is just the way it is...well written bhai..seriously as smile says it, while reading this post i could see my brain smiling which spreads down on to my face and my mouth a big n sweet :)

    AWESOME POST..was the comment that instantly came to my mind immediately as i finished reading it! asa laga ki i was reading a interesting chapter from the book of ur life:) and i love the starting chapak chapak chapak chapak hehehe! arre tum software designer kyun bane bhai u shud be a writer...! go into some publishing companies..and apply der!

    ReplyDelete