Dec 24, 2009

The balance of life




“Ahhh ... ”, cried my TV.
“And this is what I call the killer kick, my favorite one”, I said with excitement to my younger brother.
We were playing “The Spartan “, the favorite much more than pass time for both of us. It was just a few days back in the summer of 1999 when we purchased our video game player. I was 14 years old that time and my younger brother was just 10. He has always been better than me in most of the things we do together even now. I hope he is not reading this text.
The Spartan is a single as well as double player game in which you find yourself in a castle to fight with the other Spartans. During every stage you have to fight with almost 20 other Spartans and then at the time you exit that very part of the castle you have to fight with a monster having enormous power with which both of the team players has to fight, and the death of the opponent concludes the stage. Initially the blood level of both the players is displayed as 100% which lowers down according to the energy consumed while fighting and when you get a hit form the opponent. As you are a Spartan you also have an ability to jump high across the opponent and run away form them in order to preserve you blood.
“Don’t tell me that you have done the hell of a job. I could have also killed that silly bastard, And see with how much blood you are left with … 20 … just 20 … god damn it … I am not going to play with you again … now how we would fight the giant”, said my brother with lot of grief and anger.
When you play a video game or any other game you intuitively just want to win the game at any cost. It wasn’t like I was playing the game just for fun. The motive was clear in my mind too. And I was also so desperate to clear the stage. But I couldn’t resist myself to show my skills and power that time. I can’t resist it even now.
My brother was still left with 60% blood.
“Don’t you be apprehensive kiddoo … we will make”, I said.
“And don’t you call me kiddoo … no body is a kid over here, at least not me … you got that?” yelled my brother his lungs out.
“Do you need a solution guys”, my mother asked from the kitchen.
“No, mom … we are fine … we are not fighting not even a spat is happening over here. We are good”, both of us said because we know the way our mom was used to solve this very problem. Her solution was just simply plugging out the connecting cable between the video game device and the TV. And none of us wanted it to happen.
“and here comes the monster … god damn him how can he look so ugly?”, I said.
I still had 20% of my blood and my brother was still left with 60%.
My brother started giving him a tough time by jumping, hitting, defending, and then hitting.
“Let me deal with this bastard.” I said with a rush of blood in my head.
Kick, punch, flying kick, I was offending the giant.
“Save your blood”, said my highly concentrated brother.
One angry punch from the giant to my player.
“NO … NO”, and I dropped my remote in the bed.
Now sooner or later my brother’s player will also be dead and we would need to start the whole stage again, I thought with lot of grievance.
And same thing happened.
Giant killed both of us.
“I asked you to preserve you blood the million times, but you overheard it. Why can’t you control you self during the easy part of the stage”.
“I just can’t … ok ok … I will try to do it from now … ok”. I said.
My brother was right; he has asked to do so million of times. But I was helpless with myself. I saw an enemy in all of them. I wanted to give a clean sweep and win the stage. That thought was out of my control. I just wanted to demolish every single thing that came to my way.
We again happily started playing the stage without remembering the exchanged words.
Now after almost 10 years, today I recalled all these things and even now when I see both of us I find the same prominent difference between us. The valuable blood that was wasted during those games has become the time, money, emotions. Those stages have turned into years I have invested over the future. Those small other enemy Spartans has turned into day to day chores, office staff, detractors, and even sometimes they come out of me. That big giant has turned himself into the life time opportunities like job, career, other ambitions and search of a good partner.
Every thing is same behind the mask and I doubt I also am. I have always been hard on myself; I pushed myself like a machine into the things which enticed me a little without keeping the morality in mind. If I am doing a thing I must be best at it or I should not involve myself into an alien thing. With this in mind either I have lost many opportunities in life or I have wasted lot of efforts over the unimportant things.
You don’t really need to waste your energy over the small things that do not matter when you are running a marathon against time; neither you should waste your precious emotional assets over unimportant and non deserving people. These day-to-day enervating, suffocating happenings doesn’t need so much efforts. You never need to put yourself too hard for these things when you really have something big to do in your mind, something important. Yes it is all about setting your priorities; it is all about balancing yourselves which speak through the actions.

4 comments:

  1. MON DIEU! :) :) :) I thank God for sending down to me this lovely brother and this lovely friend :)
    yaar yeh writing teri is simply soooooo awesome so well written and in the last these lines kinda make me realise that its high time now that i set my main priorities first to tackle that big giant..or else my energy my blood will go waste!!!..yaar tu kaha se aaya hai????? hehe so well written! All the best to u bhai may u deserve the greatest success and luck all time Ameen Inshallah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aur isme teri grammar bhi thodi acchi thi seriously bhai!!!bahut pehle likha naa tune naa ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) .. thanks bachche .. i know this post has good narration but very basic moral .. every one of us know these things .. somewhere in our mind we know what is right but there are times when we overlook our mind .. at such times we shud read such things that can remind us what we want to be and what we are making of us .. thanks for commenting .. thanks for liking .. keep reading and motivating .. god bless ya .. tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) arey bhai !!!!!!!!!!! thank u wank u matt bol! hehehe u always motivate me via ur posts and sayings!

    ReplyDelete